Thursday, March 19, 2009

weird weird weird.


I took this picture across the street from the studio one morning. I think it's hilarious. I've never seen this kind of candy. The fish is not freakin' Swedish, dammit! That's weird.
Also, I think it's hilarious that "Important Artifacts and Personal Property" by Leanne Shapton is going to be made into film, starring Brad Pitt and Natalie Portman. Paul, if you're reading this, I'll tell you again that you should put it on your website. For those of you who have no idea of what I'm talking about, go to this page. The fictitious man in the book is played by Paul in the photos in the book. Now, the novel has been bought by Paramount Pictures to be made into a movie, and Paul's character is going to be played by Brad Pitt. In other words; Paul will be played by Brad Pitt. That was the laugh of the day. When will Angelina Jolie play me in "Att Lida eller Elida", I wonder?
Other weird stuff that happened in New York was St Patrick's Day yersterday. I saw a bunch of Scottish-looking men, playing pipes, who probably thought they were Irish somehow, and wore very green cloths. There was some kind of parade somewhere near Central Park, but I missed it. Down at 14th street, you could only see the green, drunk students.

As I took a detour from the office on my way home, I accidentally walked to the Flat Iron building. I was standing there, looking up at it, drawing visual parallells, but didn't quite get the wow-factor and therefor felt a little puzzled. But when I asked, it turned out I was right. The Flat Iron building was the first skyscraper in New York, and at the time also the highest building in the world. And I just walked right past it. That's weird.

No comments: