Sunday, March 8, 2009

my cold days are over.


I tell you, the weather here is crazy. Today the sun decided to come out and it must have been around 15 degrees or so. One week ago it was a snowstorm, now it's all of a sudden spring. Yey, that's something else than grey all-weathers-fits-all in England. So I took the train down to Time Square, took some pictures, recorded some people and walked around pretty much all day. The place seemed strange and new to me, smaller than I remembered, perhaps a little more tired and less glittery. I passed by some strangers who spoke Swedish. I just catched a sentence, but it made my heart go boom. That's really silly. Felt like I wanted to run up to them just to say hi, like I did to that older couple I met last time I was here, who were going to see Mama Mia. They probably thought I was nuts, so I walked on this time. It's strange how I take for granted that Swedish people are the rarest kinds of people in the world, as if we are so few and never go outside the borders of Europe.
When I got back around 5.30 the Germans went home to Germany. Also, a secret, hidden girl from Japan had also left, from the secret, hidden room at the far end of 1st floor. Her room is a big room with a big bed, two big windows, a desk and a heater. The Korean girl encouraged me to ask for it, so I did. And it was all cool, so after dinner she helped me to move my stuff into this new room. It's a real sweet room actually. I like it a lot.
And so tomorrow I'll meet up with Mark. We're gonna head down to Coney Island, and he has brought my coat - yey! So now nothing can keep me cold; no lack of warm clothing, stormy weather or frozen room.

No comments: