Sunday, March 15, 2009

dino day.


I said I was gonna go to Museum of Natural History last week, but I really went today. And it was awesome! I must have seen it from a movie or something, because it felt very familiar as I walked around the huge, huge building. They had some really amazing animals there, who were preserved to look very alive in their natural habitat. It was impossible not to take pictures. I thought I was gonna spend perhaps an hour or two there, but the place was so huge I had to stay three hours, if it wasn't even more than that... Took some awesome pictures of dinosaur-skeletons as well. Everyone who was there kept talking about dinosaurs. I heard the word "dinosaur" every other second. Maybe because they also showed a 40 min film at the IMAX theatre. I went to see it, along with an audience full of curious 5-year olds, interupting all the time with clever imputs such as "but the name Oviraptor DOES mean egg-theif!" or "did all dinosaurs develop into birds?" Anyway, the time past real fast, and by the time I got out I knew that the house family had probably already left for Hancook, so I hung around in the city. As I waitied for the train on 81st Street I stood listening to a musician playing blues for money. At that time my batery in my recorder had run out, to my great sorrow, because he sounded absolutely amazing. Everyone at the platform seemed to dig along to his music. Some street performers mostly just makes aweful noices and beg for money. But this guy was just cool. From now on I'll be ready with my recorder as soon I head down the subway.

No comments: