Friday, March 19, 2010

a story from the beach.


Okay, everyone. I think it's time for all you people at home in Europe to hear a funny (and true) story from down under. Let me remind you it can be a little too much for the weak-hearted. You may not want small children to hear this story for instance. Here we go;
So I was walking down the beach, along the shore, when a man was asking me for the time. He was sitting on the wall that divided the beach from the pavement and was wearing a helmet and bicycle shorts. We started a casual conversation about weather, jellyfish and world-travel. He informed me he was from Queensland and had travelled down to Melbourne with some friends, and was now going around the area on his mountain bike. It all seemed very normal. But wait for it. Seconds later he switched position where he sat; from having both legs hanging off the wall to raising one knee close to his body, and (imagine panic music from Jaws) his whole package fell out through one of the legs of his too loose shorts. I mean, his whole package, banana and double plum, his family pride, his... yeah, you get the picture. The funny thing was he didn't seem to notice. But I sure did. I was really glad to be wearing such dark glasses, he probably couldn't read the expression in my eyes. Awkwardly as humanly possible I excused myself and walked very fast from the man, exactly two seconds later.

No comments: