Wednesday, March 24, 2010

shop 'til you drop, batman.


Went to the State Library of Victoria the other day and saw a pretty nice (and free) exhibition about shopping in Melbourne through the centuries. It sounds pretty dull, but it was the perfect thing for a newcommer like me to see. It was more or less a story of Melbourne, with yummie graphic design stuff from all times (I'm such a softy for vintage logos). I learned a lot of things about my new home that I had no idea about. For instance there's an area called "Paris End" and it was named by someone who had never even been to Paris, but that was how she imagined it. And the coolest of all things; Melbourne was founded by John Pascoe Fawkner - and Batman! Oh, and I liked the leaflets for the exhibition as well. It was naturally easy to carry.

No comments: