Friday, October 23, 2009

you are missed.


Just got back to the UK again. I never thought I'd see a trip home as a vacation. But that's what it was and it was awesome. Only wish I could have stayed longer. I'd been away for a really long time. Long enough to see newly opened stores go bankrupt before I even learnt their names, meet old friends with entirely new careers and see people loosing weight and not even remember them being fat. It was strange. But nice too. Even though it's been so long it's still home. Everything tasted sweet back home; the air, the water, the atmosphere. I even started liking Stockholm. I've always had something against the capitol city. Always thought people had attitude problems and were too anti-social. This time someone told me I had a cute hat and the ticket people had time for a chat. Maybe it was just such a releaf to be back it was hard to not love everything. I guess that's a good thing. By being somewhere completely different for a while helps me to appreciate where I come from. According to Michael Moore, everyone's jelous of how we've figured everything out in Sweden. We only complain because we're bored. This time it wasn't boring to be home, it was just like heaven. And I'm so sorry for talking behind your back, but I really love you, city of Marie.

No comments: