Saturday, October 24, 2009

living with the wild things.


I will now do as so many other bloggers have done and praise Where The Wild Things Are. Yes, it's a big hype around it, since the movie is out and all. A lot of hipsters around the world has embraced it because of its non-kids-movie approach, and the look of it is fenomenal to say the least. I haven't even seen the movie yet but just by hearing the music from it makes me imagine a masterpiece (I've kept the song "All is love" on repeat ever since I got the soundtrack). I can't wait until the movie reaches Europe! But really, the reason why I wanna praise Where The Things Are is because it was the first book I ever read on my own. I was 7 years old and probably had a little problem reading (who doesn't when homework books are fucking lame and boring). But one day my class went to the school library and we could pick out any book of our own choice. I saw the name Max on the back of one book and picked it out. Back in those days I thought that everyone with the name Max were as awesome as my cartoon hero Mighty Max. This Max were a bit of an anti-hero though and I remember the book to be a little frightning with all its monsters. But then there were something about it that made me borrow the book several times. I loved the illustrations and the idea of traveling to an imaginary land. And the wild side of Max was something that wasn't discussed in other books for children. My classmates borrowed books about horses and pretty things for instance. It's rather funny that my choice was about a missbehaving kid who's unleaching his inner anger with imaginary beasts... Perhaps it's not so weird that my creative alter ego name is Stingosaurus. That's what I call long-lived inspiration. Rawr!

No comments: