Monday, October 19, 2009

things i've learned in my life...


Last night I skimmed through a few of Stefan Sagmeister's pieces of advice in his "Things I have learned in my life so far". (For those of you who don't know, it's a book based upon wisdoms from his own diary which has been visualised typographically in a number of different creative sullotions). It made me remember a little note I gave to myself during a trip to London: "Don't buy design books. They are fucking heavy and mostly stupid - you'll learn more from life". So why the hell do I need a design book of somebody else's insights in life? That's dubbled waste of money, right?

1 comment:

Mark Adamson – Graphic Design said...

I can agree with that. Most of the books I own I have only flicked through, some hardly read at all! But Sagmeisters book is something that just looks good.