Sunday, October 25, 2009

garden state day.


It's been a miserable and rainy day today so I watched Garden State. It's a pretty decent movie about a man who have to come back to his small-town home after 9 years for his mother's funeral, and simultaneously suffers from some kind of numbness for all kinds of emotions (perfect movie for a shitty day, right!). Of course he falls in love with the crazy chick in town, played by the lovely Natalie Portman, who transforms his numbness into feelings and litterly catches his tears in a cup. Don't get me wrong, I think the script was actually rather witty and interesting. It's all written and directed by Zach Braff however, who also happens to play the main character. Big fucking misstake, dude! Garden State could have been a brilliant movie with actual smart things to say. But Braff is just such a dork and when he tries to be emotionally vulnerable it's just pathetic. This is the guy from Scrubs and to me he just doesn't have what it takes to be anything else than funny. It actually bothered me throughout the whole movie and I think that's a shame.

No comments: