Friday, February 26, 2010

creepy australian wild things, part 4.


I guess Indiana Jones and I are in this together. I really fucking hate snakes. I can't even stand looking at a picture of one, so here's a picture of places to stay away from while travelling in Australia.

The Inland Taipan (Oxyuranus microlepidotus), also known as the Small Scaled Snake or Fierce Snake, is native to Australia and is the most venomous land snake on Earth. Its venom is 200-400 times more toxic than most rattlesnakes and 50 times as toxic as a cobra. The Inland Taipan has neurotoxic venom that could potentially kill an adult human in 45 minutes. There have been no documented human fatalities; bites were treated using antivenom. The Inland Taipan is dark tan, ranging from a rich, dark hue to a brownish olive-green, depending on season. It lives in holes and feed on small rodents such as mice and rats.

If there was ever a such a thing as a snake concentration camp, I'd be more than happy to vote yes for a political party that made it happen. Something tells me that the Green Party wouldn't do it... Damn!

No comments: