Sunday, April 5, 2009

to my undiscovered friends.


Today I went from the Bronx to Brooklyn, then Manhattan (where I met Pauline from my camp by coinsidence), then Staten Island, then back to Mahattan, over to Queens and back to the Bronx. 5 boroughs in one day. My favourite was Staten Island. But that's not really part of the story. The story is that I went to all of these places to deliver old-fashion mail to random mail boxes. Phonebooks doesn't exist anymore and the online version of them comes without the option of randomness, you know when you can flipp through the pages and put your finger on somebody's name. So I figured there's only one way to do it then (and the cheapest), and that is to deliver everything personally, by foot.
So, what's the deal? What did I deliver? Well, I delivered a letter with the title "To my undiscovered friend". Inside the envelope I put a bunch of creative questions, along with a hand-written letter that explained what my purpose is. I also included an envelope with a stamp and my addess on it, so that it would be easier for people to actually reply. I encouraged them to send a picture of themselves as well. Or if they don't want to do that, they can send a picture of someone they admire. The whole thing will get its own website within a week or so. It will also be material for the book I'm writing about New York at the moment. What my project is all about, is reaching out to strangers and encourage people to not be afraid of making new friends. So if you're reading this and you just discovered a letter in your mail box, congratulations - you have the chance to tell your story about New York, your life or whatever you want - and I'll make it into a great-looking book of awesomeness!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good evening dudes. I'm actually into shoes and I was searching as far as something that singular make. The prices for the sneakers are about 350 pounds everwhere. But completely I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching as far as something that exact model. The prices for the boots were about 320 dollars on every page. But for all I set this location selling them for half price. I exceptionally want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

good evening fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I was looking as far as something that exact brand. The prices as regards the boots were all over 330 dollars on every page. But finally I base this site selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you say about it?