Saturday, April 4, 2009

think i just became a designer.


Let me tell you about a dream I had a while ago. I dreamt that I was waiting in the lobby of Pentagram. A bunch of designers came out from a big conference room and people were applauding, they were looking slightly taller than ordinary people, and dressed nicer. The receptionist was quite stuck up and told me to stay put where I was and wait for Paula Sher. I was super nervous. Feeling like I just wanted to turn around and walk back home. Then Paula showed up, not even looking at me, saying "I don't except people coming here in pyjamas". Then I realised I was still in my pj's and just wanted to shrink into a little mouse and crawl away. Then, still in the same dream, I was by my computer updating my blog. The topic was Pentagram, but I confused it with Pentagon, which it then turned out to be. I had discovered their secret. Pentagram was a secret head quarter, like the graphic design Pentagon. And I had just been banned for life from there, for wearing pyjamas.
Anyway, I never met Paula or anyone Pentagramian this week. I did meet a whole lot of other people though. Like Dress Code who gave me this book. At some point I caught myself thinking I'm not a kid anymore. I'm not depending on grades or what teachers think about my concepts. I'm actually not a student. Because I don't call myself a student anymore. I present myself as a designer/ illustrator. So I guess I just became one, gladly prostituting my creative skills to anyone who has a job-offer.

1 comment:

Bengt said...

Helt klart att du är en disigner och det har du varit länge!