Tuesday, August 17, 2010

arcade fire.


Unlike Sia, Arcade Fire knows how to evolve with computers and hip crowds. Their latest album "The Suburbs" is big and powerful and they rock without selling out. Each of the album's 16 tracks feel different from each other but still beautifully combined and fresh. There's electronic influences as well as more organic vibes. There are big sceneries, hopes and dreams, simple everyday stuff and a lot of heart. Usually I associate Arcade Fire with chills. Chills in the sense that they create a rather hollow space of sound that makes me shiver, literally. I'd say it's a little like walking home in cold rain in November in Sweden or possibly scooping ice cream in a cold basement. For this reason I was contemplating switching from this album to something else on my ride to work this morning. Today was an exceptionally cold day. But after giving "The Suburbs" a fair chance, it turned out to have a reverse effect; it provided a warm feeling and sense that I had been in those songs before, a sense of home and familiarity. It worked more like a blanket than a scoop of ice cream. This song "Sprawl II (Mountains Beyond Mountains)" is my favourite track.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

… Unbelievable , but I just found software which can do all hard work promoting your stingosaurus.blogspot.com website on complete autopilot - building backlinks and getting your website on top of Google and other search engines 1st pages, so your site finally can get laser targeted qualified traffic, and so you can get lot more visitors for your website.

YEP, that’s right, there’s this little known website which shows you how to get to the top 10 of Google and other search engines guaranteed.

I used it and in just 7 days… got floods of traffic to my site...

…Well check out the incredible results for yourself -
http://magic-traffic-software.com

I’m not trying to be rude here, but I believe when you find something that finally works you should share it…

…so that’s what I’m doing today, sharing it with you:

http://magic-traffic-software.com

Take care - your friend Jennifer

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your stingosaurus.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com