Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Happening


I went to the oh-so-big city of Skövde to see The Happening tonight with my family. Had been looking forward to see this movie for a while now. I am quite a fan of M. Night Shyamalan. Saw the trailer on a huge screen while waiting for a train in London and was quite hooked from what I saw. But I was a bit disappointed. From the start it was very predictable and lacked in credibility and the explainations for things were very lame. The main story was, however, very fascinating and just like all Shyamalan's work - very scary. And I liked Mark Walberg and Zooey Deschanel's characters, they felt like people I would have liked spending a chilled out evening at home with. Reckon it was about time for Shyamalan to make his characters something else than depressed and slow-moving. I kept thinking all the time that maybe the story was an idea he had after recieving complaints of his characters being too suicidal.
On the way back home my brother and I made jokes about feeding our cat with our own arms (if you don't see the movie you will not get that...)

No comments: