Monday, June 9, 2008

Climbing trees



I found a forest today. It was one of those happy mistakes you get sometimes when you go for a walk and chose a different direction than you normally take. So I walked into this forest, which even had a name (which I don't remember). Anyway, it was beautiful. Reminded me about the Pennsylvanian forest that surrounded my camp last summer (but without the bears), or the areas around the lake back home. It was such a thrill to, for once, discover something wonderful in this city. Made my mind imagine Robin Hood and his gang behind every tree-trunk. There were huge trees and nice paths and when I came to one particular tree I just got this childish desire to climb it. So I did. I, Stina Johansson 22 years old, climbed a tree. It was a piece of cake and damn it was high! But it was kind of made for climbing and I could have stayed there all day. Then two young guys, around 15-16 years old, came walking through the path and when they passed the tree they shouted "freak!". I strangely enough didn't take afence but it made me realise I was nowhere else than in Carlisle...

No comments: