Sunday, June 1, 2008

maybe i should say hi?



I tend to start new blogs but I don't seem to stick to them for long. This time I've decided to just write whatever comes to me and I will not go under a theme. It's not for anyone in particular, just for anyone who wants to listen. So, yes, this is hello. My name is Stina and I like to think I'm a Graphic Designer. Many people out there seem to think that graphic design is all about looking cool and having a mysterious/ attractive attitude towards things. I've come to realise it's the opposite. For some people it works to be superficial and present a funky image. But to me that is like defeating the purpose of graphic design. No image is worth showing if it doesn't mean anything. Graphic design is a fucking struggle and a bitch, but I love it, because it's just like life in a way. It's all about communication and interpreting moods, styles, attitudes to convey a message. As a graphic design student, people always ask me where I want to be in this business after I graduate. I don't know the answer to that question yet, but hopefully this blog will bring me closer to it. You are more than welcome to join me on this quest.

No comments: