Wednesday, January 13, 2010

type psychology.


I got myself a type- psychoanalysis from Pentagram. According to their expert (who sounds a lot like Stefan Sagmeister) I am New Alphabet, an almost illegible typeface designed by Dutch designer Wim Crowel in 1967; "If you are a statement maker (and when that statement makes perfect sense to you it is immaterial if it makes no sense to anyone else) then New Alphabet is your type". Haha, so I am hard to read and doesn't make much sense. Perfect! You can take the test yourself here. Link found via Form Fifty Five.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats an excellent font! There are really not many occasions when you can use it though.

I did it too and got "Architype Van Doesburg" which is really very similar to New Alphabet. Another one thats hard to find a good use for it.

...glad I didn't get Cooper Black.

Anonymous said...

PS. Speaking of hard to read. I like the blog design changes :P

Stina Johansson said...

Hey, nothing wrong with Cooper Black. Cooper Black votes for Pedro and work on Games, plus it's a Sweden bitch. I quite like it because it's so cheesy.

And thanks, I wanted to give the blog a new look. Am working on a redesign on the website as well. Perhaps you could help me out with some css later?

Mark Adamson said...

Cooper Black isnt as bad as Comic Sans, I think we can agree on that. Just depends where/when its used.

Yes, sure I can help out with the site, send us an email, or tell me to go on Skype sometime this weekend.