Saturday, December 5, 2009

regina and jenny what's-her-face.


I have finally, finally, finally seen Regina Spektor live. And yes, she was awesome. A little short in height and shy but so full of excellence. Yeah... I don't know what to say. It was worth waiting 5,5 years to see her, it sure was. I'm in love with all her songs now, not just my favourite ones - all of them. Such a great performer. The opening act for her was Jenny Owen Youngs, which was a happy surprise. I thought her first song "Led to the sea" was a cover at first, but then realised I had her in my iPod and it was like actually her... Pretty cool. She had humour and I liked that she's an x-file nerd like me. I think the funniest and perhaps most stupid thing about the concert was that my friend Lee had my camera taken away by the security when he took this picture of Jenny. Apparently my camera was too professional. Ha! That's funny. We didn't even got to take any photos of Regina, or like Lee put it "we only got like three shots of that Jenny what's-her-face". But it didn't matter. It kind of sucks sometimes when you view good things in life through a view-finder. This way I probably enjoyed the consert more. Thank you, security guards!

No comments: