Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Design event 08 in Newcastle








Leaving Carlisle for just a few hours is like an adventure to a different country. Today I went to Newcaslte with my friends Rushe and Mikaela. It was such a thrill. Just going by train is something extraordinary, which is quite silly. We went around in the city for a while, then we headed for the Design Event 08 talk from Timorous Beasties (such a weird name!). It was awesme! Wallpaper and textile design are normally not my field, but it's infuenced by graphic design (or vise versa), so in that sense it was highly relevant to what I'm doing too. It was really interesting anyway and very inspirational. Before we jumped on the train back to Carlisle, we went for sushi. Mmm, just such a perfect ending to a great day! All of a sudden it felt (and looked) like I was back in Korea. Nari, if you read this, I really miss you!

http://www.timorousbeasties.com

No comments: