Tuesday, May 31, 2011

our colour cities.










I just got back from my final presentation for the User Centred Design Studio class. As I've mentioned earlier, my concept involved taking photos of Melbourne where I captured certain colours and creating a map from that. With these elemants I created a little booklet that comes in a case, with some complementary postcards. The postcards were supposed to be printed with a slogan in clear vanish, e.g no ink - but a glossy effect. It was an absolute nightmare to discover this morning that the printers, who were supposed to do the job, had messed it up and printed the thing in white. Since I had no time to fix it, I had to simply go with it. My heart felt heavy like a stone as I entered the classroom. I'm such a perfectionist when it comes to final presentations. If it's not perfect and out of my control I feel like shit. Of course there was nothing I could do but to go on with my presentation. And yeah, it went pretty well. Very well actually. I had thought of my work as rather crappy when it wasn't perfect. But when I had finished the presentation I realised that had actually done everything I could do and should have done. And from other people's comments it was actually pretty damn good. So maybe I can sleep well tonight, knowing that I did a good job.

No comments: